Who is Harrow Mencap for?
We support children and young people with learning disabilities including those with complex health needs, eg; tube feeding, epilepsy, mobility issues, communication difficulties and challenging behaviour.
We are an independent charity and a multi-project service provider supporting people with learning disabilities and their families. We are proud of our local reputation as the primary campaigning organisation for people with learning disabilities in Harrow.
What does the service provide?
Our purpose is to work with and represent people with learning disabilities and their families and carers to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met.
Some of the services we offer include:
- After School Clubs, Kingsley, Woodlands and Shaftesbury Schools- offering after school leisure opportunities
- Saturday Stay and Play, Pinner Green- for young people aged 8-19, offering social, leisure and community opportunities
- Holiday Clubs- for young people aged 8-25, offering social, leisure and community opportunities
- Pinner Green Day Service- for young people aged 16-25, offering life skills and community access opportunities
- Skill Up- for young people aged 16-25, offering advice, information, advocacy, life skills, employment preparation and social opportunities.
How do I access the service?
We accept referrals from parent/carers, young people, social care, health and education providers.
To request a referral, please get in touch.
All our services take place in accessible venues with suitable changing facilities and qualified and trained staff.
For further information, visit our website
3 Jardine House, Harrovian Business Village, Bessborough Road, Harrow, HA1 3EX
Telephone: 020 8869 8484