Important health information
Key Health Professionals
General practitioners (GPs), who are also referred to as family doctors, are the first point of contact in health.
There will be key health professionals who will support for example:
- Birth to 5 years - health visitors
- School age - school nurses
- Young people up to 24 years - General Practitioners
Working with Health Partners - Clinical Commissioning Groups
Harrow Council works closely with our Health partners including NHS Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group.
Clinical Commissioning Groups do not provide any health services directly, but buy health services from providers of healthcare, such as Hospital Trusts, Mental Health Trusts and community organisations.
NHS Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group works in partnership with local people to improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Harrow. For further information, visit Clinical Commissioning.
What are Personal Health Budgets (PHB)?
- PHBs are the allocation of NHS funding to support a person's health and wellbeing needs.
- A PHB can be spent on anything that is set out in a support plan and agreed with the local NHS team.
- It can be held by the individual, a third party or a statutory body.
- It can be used for services they choose to support health needs.
From April 2014, anyone eligible for continuing healthcare funding, including children, will have the right to ask for a personal health budget. From October 2014 anyone eligible for continuing healthcare will have the right to receive a personal health budget.
In Harrow we are working closely with our health partners on setting up these options, and we will keep you updated of developments through this website.
To find out more about Personal Budgets, read our Personal Budgets Statement.