What services do Stanmore College offer?
Stanmore College is a mainstream further education college that provides education for students aged 16+. Students who have additional needs are able to access:
- Trained specialist tutors who provide individual and classroom support.
- Specialist equipment, including software, for students who have a sensory impairment.
- Professional assessments.
- Careers advice.
- Special exam arrangements.
- Teaching assistants to take notes read and provide support for students who have additional needs.
- Specialist support for students who have dyslexia.
- Continuous review and assessment.
- Workstations which are accessible for students who have a physical disability.
- Transport arranged to and from college (for those students whose transport is currently arranged by the local authority).
- Advice on higher education and support in arranging visits and accessing the relevant support agencies.
- Help in completing UCAS application and financial support forms for SA applications.
- A counselling service which is available to all students.
How do I access the service?
Prospective students should complete the college application form.
The Inclusion team will be informed of any applications from students who have additional needs. Students will be required to provide evidence of their additional need.
The applicant will be invited for interview by the curriculum team and a member of the Inclusion team will be in attendance.
For further information, visit our website or visit us:
Elm Park, Stanmore HA7 4BQ
Telephone: 020 8420 7700