Who is the portage home visiting service for?
Portage is a home teaching programme for pre-school children aged 0-5 years, who are experiencing delayed development and are not in a pre-school/school setting.
What does the service provide?
Portage aims to work with families to help them develop a quality of life and experience for themselves and their young children by learning and playing together and participating in their local community.
Portage home visitors offer a number of services
- Making regular planned contact through home visits, video calls or individual sessions at a local children’s centre
- Helping to set appropriate developmental goals
- Suggesting practical ways to aid children’s development
- Providing information, particularly regarding early education issues
- Writing 6 monthly progress reports for parents, which can also be shared with appropriate professionals
- Offering parent / child groups at local Children Centres
- EarlyBird programme - we work in collaboration with Speech and Language Therapists to offer training to parents of pre-school aged children with a diagnosis of autism following the National Autistic Society Society guidelines.
- For more information, please contact the Portage team on the contact details below.
How do I access the service?
If you would like to know more about our work, would like to access our service, or have any further questions, you can contact us between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Harrow Portage Home Visiting Service
Tel: 020 8051 8382
Make an online enquiry: enquiry form