Who is Harrow Association of Disabled People for?
We provide the following services mostly free to all disabled Harrow residents of all ages; including those whose long term health conditions affect their everyday lives.
- Information - on any disability related topic.
- Advocacy - we support people of all ages with a wide range of issues relating to housing, employment, special educational needs, disability rights and much more
- Welfare benefits - to check your entitlement, or for support in making a claim.
- Direct Payments Support – advice on how to manage the payment as well as the recruitment and management of carers.
- Deaf Services - general deaf support; British Sign Language (BSL) coffee morning for local signers; BSL classes for beginners; Hearing Aids maintenance for hearing aid users.
- Community Link Up - Social, leisure, educational and work related support for people with Learning Disabilities.
- Harrow Healthy Living Centre (Red Brick Café) - offering independent living training and training towards employment and qualifications.
- A range of other services such as Disability Equality Training, Deaf Awareness Training and Disability Consultancy.
Please contact us directly to have a discussion, or make an appointment.
Our office at Bentley House is accessible to disabled people. A loop system is fitted in the main training room and portable loops are available for other rooms. BSL interpreters are available on request, although advance notification is required.
Harrow Association of Disabled People
The Wealdstone Centre, 38-40 High Street, Wealdstone, Harrow, Middlesex HA3 7AE
Tel: 020 8861 9920
For more information on our services, visit our website.