Harrow Local Offer Logo

Harrow Local Offer Logo

Who is Travel Assistance for?

Eligible children and young adults 0‑25 for educational purposes.

Harrow Council’s Travel Assistance policy

The aim of the policy is to promote sustainable living through independence in travel from an early age. View information on Harrow Council's 2016 Travel Assistance Policy.

Travel Assistance application process

Please use the links below to apply for SEN travel assistance for an eligible child or young adult (0‑25):

Independent Travel Training

There is an independent travel training scheme at Shaftesbury High School that helps pupils at the school learn how to use public transport. The scheme is open to pupils who are eligible for travel assistance to and from Shaftesbury school.

Milleage Allowance

Harrow Council offers mileage allowances as one form of travel assistance. This supports parents to transport their children to school. View information for Mileage Policy.

Policy and related guidance on travel assistance for children and young people (0‑25)

Harrow Council adheres to the Department for Education (DfE) Home to School travel and transport guidance.

Both the DfE and the Harrow policy documents mentioned above give guidance on transport for all children and young people up to the age of 25, not just those with special educational needs, disability, or mobility problems.

Please use the link below to find out about financial help available for some children or young people without special educational needs, disability or mobility problems who attend a school more than two or three miles from their home:

Additional services